Assault Dice Press Release
Roll to Victory with Warhammer 40,000: Assault Dice
Launching the officially licensed Warhammer® 40,0000® Dice Roller app for iOS
BOSTON, MASSACHUSETTS, USA (September 4, 2015)
Lifeform Entertainment (http://www.lifeformentertainment.com), Mesa Mundi Inc. (http://mesamundi.com/) and Games Workshop® (http://www.games-workshop.com) proudly announce the upcoming release of Warhammer 40,000: Assault Dice, the officially licensed dice rolling mobile app for Warhammer: 40,000.
Custom made to simulate the unique mechanics of the tabletop wargame, Assault Dice captures the hands-on feel of using physical dice to simulate the fast-rolling action of Warhammer 40,000. “We’re extremely excited to produce the officially licensed dice rolling app for such an amazing and respected brand,” said Roger Walco, Creative Director of Lifeform Entertainment. “We know gamers love their dice, so we worked hard to create an app that hits the same look, feel, and high-quality bar expected from Games Workshop and their games.”
Lifeform Entertainment’s team includes veterans from the video game, tabletop roleplaying, and miniatures wargaming industries. The company partnered with fellow studio Mesa Mundi, Inc. (http://www.mesamundi.com), noted for their expertise in the Virtual Tabletop gaming space.
“As dedicated gamers ourselves, we thought long and hard about how players actually play the game and what they want for this kind of app,” says Eric Cagle, Lead Designer of Lifeform Entertainment. “Using Assault Dice to rapidly roll to hit, wound, and save in a matter of seconds is a game changer for your Warhammer 40,000 sessions.”
“Players will love the dedicated Scatter Die roller when they have to bring out the big guns. The addition of a precise visual guide makes for hyper-accurate results in measuring with rulers. The goal is to make the app so smooth and integral to gameplay that you will forget you are using it.”
Main features of the app include:
- AMAZING DICE: Gorgeous, realistic 3D dice in a variety of colors and textures
- ACCURATE PHYSICS: Top-notch physics, allowing natural rolls with quick resolutions (no more cocked dice!)
- DEDICATED SCATTER DIE PANEL: Misplaced your Scatter Die? One touch takes you to the Scatter Die Panel with built-in Scatter and Distance dice
- SCATTER DIE RULER: Generates a line in the exact orientation as your Scatter Die’s arrow, providing precise results that reduce errors and cheating
- INSTANT RESULTS: Instant results for every die roll (“How many 3’s did I roll?”)
- QUICK DICE CULLING: You know you need “4’s” to Hit. Touch a single button to keep all “4’s, 5’s, and 6’s” on the table. Roll again for Wounds. Rapidly move through the Hit, Wound, and Save sequence
- DICE CUP: Mimics separating the dice you need at the moment, but keeping the rest available to use
- DICE TALLIES: Know at a glance the number of dice on the table, total successes, and dice inside the “Dice Cup”
- CUSTOMIZABLE: Create unique panels for every unit in your army. Browse and choose wallpapers, dice colors and textures. Add titles and notes so you can prep your armies ahead of time
- MULTIPLE DICE PANELS: Add up to 30 dice panels with 20 dice apiece to support every unit in your army. Navigate panes with a swipe, or touch, of a button
- ROLLING METHODS: Roll dice by using the Roll Button, double-tap the dice, shaking the device or any combination
Later in Fall 2015, Warhammer 40,000: Assault Dice will update to include in-app purchases, with bundles of dice and wallpapers for each faction found in the 41st Millennia. “You’ll be able to customize your dice and backgrounds based on the armies you play,” says Roger Walco. “Orks, Eldar, Chaos, Tau, Necron or the rest—you’ll be able to theme the app to match your army’s own aesthetic. The upcoming faction dice add a whole new level of detail and realism to the experience. ”
Warhammer 40,000: Assault Dice will be available for sale August 2015 in Apple’s App Store for iOS with support for iPhone 5, iPhone 5S, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, and iPad Air 2 and newer devices. Android support comes in Fall 2015 and available in Google Play.
For more information, including videos and tutorials, go to: www.assaultdice.com.
About Lifeform Entertainment
Lifeform Entertainment is a boutique, entertainment-oriented App Developer located on Bainbridge Island near Seattle, WA. This veteran team boasts decades of collective game, code, and production experience from studios like BioWare/Pandemic, EA, Activision, ArenaNet, and Wizards of the Coast. Lifeform focuses on top-notch UI and UX, with a specialization on the blend between the digital and analog gaming spaces. Further details on the company can be obtained at www.lifeformentertainment.com.
About Mesa Mundi Inc.
Mesa Mundi Inc. is a full service multitouch hardware and software development studio based in the sleepy little town of Sharon, MA halfway between Boston and Providence. Mesa Mundi specializes in natural user interface platforms designed to engender creativity and collaboration. From interactive holography to digital furniture, this tightly knit team creates seamless experiences that inspire resonant interactions between people and their environments.
About Games Workshop
Games Workshop® Group PLC (LSE:GAW.L) is based in Nottingham, UK. Games Workshop designs, manufactures, retails, and distributes its range of Age of Sigmar®, Warhammer® and Warhammer® 40,000® games, miniature soldiers, novels and model kits through more than 400 of its own Hobby centres, the Internet and independent retail channels in more than 50 countries worldwide. Further details on the company can be obtained at www.games-workshop.com.
Warhammer 40,000: Assault Dice – Copyright © Games Workshop Limited 2015. Assault Dice, the Assault Dice logo, GW, Games Workshop, the Games Workshop logo, 40K, Warhammer, Warhammer 40,000, Warhammer 40,000 Device, 40,000, the Double-headed Eagle device and all associated marks, logos, places, names, creatures, races and race insignia/devices/logos/symbols, vehicles, locations, weapons, units and unit insignia, characters, products, illustrations and images from the Warhammer 40,000: Assault Dice app and the Warhammer 40,000 universe are either ®, TM and/or © Games Workshop Ltd 2000-2015, variably registered in the UK and other countries around the world, and used under license. All Rights Reserved All Rights Reserved to their respective owners.